Specialist Dementia Nurse
Full time, Days and Nights
£19 - £22 per hour (£40,000 - £42,000)
As a Specialist Dementia Nurse you will take overall responsibility for the way in which dementia care is practiced within the care home and dementia community.
You will closely collaborate with other Nurses on matters of dementia care. You will oversee the dementia needs of every resident and take responsibility for the training and supervision of nurses and care teams to increase understanding of dementia and improve ways of dealing with new and challenging situations, within a dementia setting.
You will act as a role-model for staff, demonstrating best practice in dementia care whilst keeping up to date with current thinking in this field. Other key responsibilities include: efficient and timely care planning for individual residents, supporting their clinical care and providing guidance, training and mentoring to the nurses and care team.
The contract is offered as full-time, up to 42 hours per week with variable shifts including alternate weekends and some night duties.
Being part of an independent and family-run group determined to set the highest standards in all aspects of care for the older person. Purpose-built to reflect the latest thinking in dementia care and memory loss, it is as welcoming as it is reassuring, as calm as it is confident in its ability to create a stimulating and safe haven for residents. The home has achieved an overall OUTSTANDING CQC which is an amazing achievement.
- competitive pay rate, plus enhancements
- reimbursement of annual professional subscriptions, including NMC registrations
- free subscription to the Nursing Times
- excellent induction, training and 'on the job' support
- fantastic homely environments
- friendly and welcoming team with 24/7 network of internal senior clinical and facilities support
- real career progression opportunities
- staff recommendation scheme
- annual pay review
- paid breaks
- hot meals on duty
- free uniforms
- pension scheme
- free background checks
- exclusive employee discount scheme, 'Extras' with access to a free advisory support service for team members and their families.
Who are we looking for:
Previous team management or supervisory experience is a must to support with change management, process improvement and wide-ranging staffing matters. You will be accountable, professional and flexible with excellent communication skills.
For more information or to apply please call Rebecca on or email