Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Pershing EMEA Corporate Events Specialist oversees all aspects of event planning and management, including internal (Town Halls, Corporate FYIs) and external events (hospitality events, client conference and trade shows), with experience planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events.
As part of the role, they will:
• Create event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
• Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues
• Plan event aspects, such as venue, seating, catering, and guest list
• Manage invitation process
• Coordinate event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
• Issue invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner,
• Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
• Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
• Collate and format briefing notes and agenda
• Source ideas and samples of gifts
• Plan multiple events at once
• Manage post-event process: assessment of RoI, create and send out surveys
• Provide assistance with meetingsQualifications
Skills required for the role:
• Strong formatting, editing, proofreading
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Confident communicator
• Good project management and time management skills
• Attention to Detail
• Vendor and Entertainment Research
• Initiative, Enthusiasm, Flexibility
• Degree in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Supports various tasks related to the tactical execution of Pershing’s corporate events, including collecting, maintaining, and managing various online files, spreadsheets and databases associated with Pershing’s Corporate Events processes. Supports more experienced colleagues to gain breadth/depth of event management processes and knowledge.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Provides entry level support on event projects. Establishes good working relationships with internal teams. Performs basic event management functions, including online event venue and/or speaker research, setting up webcasts and conference calls, tracking and monitoring continuing education.
• Pull daily reports from registration databases for various events and edit/format for distribution. Edit and format event survey results and prepare reports for distribution. Maintain and edit event invitee Excel spreadsheets and pull invitee lists from Salesforce as needed.
• Works cooperatively with internal resources to support activities. Seeks technical guidance, as needed.
• Adheres to policies and procedures and is familiar with company practices.
• Submits expenses.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe.
We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors.
We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors.
From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 09717
Requisition Number: 1804138