A medium-sized, prestigious main contractor seeks a Special Works Manager / Surveyor to lead on small value building works on high-profile customer sites in Arts/Culture, Historic and Higher Education.
The Special Works Manager / Surveyor will join a very established company with a prestigious and loyal client base, notably including many famous London heritage properties.
Mainly operating as a main contractor, its team of 120 people is supported by regular QA approved subcontractors who often work long term with the business.
The Special Works Manager / Surveyor will take commercial and operational responsibility for works up to £150,000 in value, but typically up to £30,000. Maintenance based term contracts are worth up to £400,000 per annum, and total responsibility will be for £1.5 - £2m annually.
The work is general refurbishment, repairs, alterations and maintenance (no build or civils).
- Client liaison to agree scope and specification / receive tender docs
- Prepare firm quotation or budget cost
- Manage the work
- Prepare timely final accounts for invoice
The Special Works Manager / Surveyor will have at least 10 years' experience covering both managing and surveying. Likely to have a trade background and formal qualifications
- Professional approach
- Sound technical knowledge
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communicator
The Special Works Manager / Surveyor will benefit from
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual travel card fully paid
- Professional fees
If you are a Special Works Manager / Surveyor, please contact Tom Harrison at Brandon James.
Works Manager / Surveyor / Main Contractor / London / Heritage / Arts / Culture / Historic / Education / Commercial / Project Manager
- Works Manager / Surveyor / Main Contractor / London / Heritage / Arts / Culture / Historic / Education / Commercial / Project Manager