Special Needs Teaching Assistants
Are you looking for a rewarding role supporting children with Special Educational Needs?
Are you looking for flexible work to fit in with your lifestyle, where you are able to choose the days you work every week? Maybe you are looking for a long-term role to gain some solid experience? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are proud to support a number of Special Needs schools in the Leicester and Leicestershire area which cater for students with a range of needs (PMLD/SLD/SEBD/AUTISM). As a result, we are actively looking for entry level/experienced/qualified Special Needs Teaching Assistants to join their team and provide crucial support.
These immediate roles can be part time or full time, temporary with the opportunity of long term and potentially permanent offerings for successful candidates.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have experience of supporting pupils with special needs (mainstream/SEN setting)
- Minimum of 3 months experience of working in a classroom setting
- Have transferable experience from care/nursing background (if no classroom experience)
- Feel confident to work across Primary and Secondary
- Be flexible and able to tailor approach based on the needs of different pupils
- Promote a positive and safe learning environment
- Support pupils both inside and outside of the classroom
- Support pupils with their emotional well-being
- Manage behaviour in line with the school's behaviour policy
- Working proactively with other team members
- Competitive pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Continual Professional Development can be offered on a variety of school related topics
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of educational support to students, don't hesitate and apply today! If you would like any more information, do not hesitate to contact Laura Thompson on
Randstad Education offer a fantastic 'Refer a Friend' scheme where you can be rewarded with £300 in gift vouchers - more information can be found at 'Refer a Friend'