One of Newham's Primary school's which has a PMLD unit are urgently recruiting for a special needs support specialist.
They require candidates who have:
• The ability to be self-motivated and driven to support the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs.
• The experience of working as a Learning Support Assistant/SEN TA within an Education/Childcare setting.
• To be creative and knowledgeable of different strategies to use in the classroom.
• The passion to ensure pupils are supported in an inclusive classroom environment.
• Good Maths, English and ICT skills.
• To be proactive and work as a good team player, with members of staff and pupils alike.
• Experience of working with pupils with moderate learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder and behavioural and emotional difficulties.
• Knowledge of PECS/Makaton is desirable.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us ASAP we would love to hear from you!
If you're already registered with Protocol and know of a fantastic support worker, you can earn yourself £50 for referring a friend! Please contact us for more details.
Please respond to this advert with an updated CV.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job