You will be working with often disadvantaged pupils, with varied social issues or special needs statements ranging Autism to PMLD. You may work on a one to one basis or with more than one child, assisting them in and out of the classroom. You will work closely with other school staff in supporting the child you are working with, often tracking and reviewing the child's progress. You will assist with school work in various subjects, and will often need to find ways to keep that pupil engaged in lessons. You will need to build a relationship and gain trust from the pupil in order for you to help them improve and raise their attainment in school.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working with SEN children in a school environment
• Have excellent behaviour management skills
• Be able to write IEP's
• Be experienced working with outside agencies
• Be able to communicate with non verbal children
• Have worked with at-risk children or in PRU environments
• Be able to set boundaries and safe work spaces
• Be Team Teach Trained
To apply please register your details now.
All candidates will be subject to Protocol Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks.