Prospero Teaching are recruiting for a learning support assistant to work at a Special Needs School based in Stockport, which caters for children ages 3 - 19.
The school supports students with profound and multiple learning difficulties and multi-sensory impairments. As a learning support assistant you will be working 1-1 and in small groups with the students, supporting them in a number of subjects throughout the day such as music, arts, horticulture.
All roles are full time and temporary to permanent.
The successful learning support assistant will ideally:
- Be enthusiastic, driven and conscientious
- Have previous experience working with learning difficulties.
- Have awareness or experience using PECS, basic sign language or Makaton.
- Be comfortable with personal care as you would be expected to assist with feeding, washing and toileting for pupils of all ages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold a current DBS or be willing to apply for a new one through Prospero Teaching
The students take part in subjects such as art, music, sport and horticulture. They have access to hydrotherapy swimming pools, sensory gardens and other specialist facilities. The role is to help promote independence and communication skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Prospero Teaching Manchester. The services advertised by Prospero Teaching, in this instance are those of an employment business. Prospero Teaching is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you're interested please contact Sophia Hughes in the Manchester Branch on .