Vanguard Education, 43 Temple Row, Birmingham, B2 5LS
Vanguard Education is currently recruiting for an experienced Special Education Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator for a permanent position with a primary school in Coventry.
The role of SENCO is critical to ensuring that students are provided with a high level of support to enable them to make academic progress and overcome social and emotional barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational leader and teacher who is a team player and committed to ensuring equality and inclusivity in school. You must:
- be familiar with working in a SEND, PRU or mainstream setting, with students who have a diverse range of needs
- NASENCO award would be preferred but not essential, as well as previous experience as a SENCO
- have the skills to work with students with challenging behaviour and remove barriers to their learning
- work with external agencies
- complete necessary administration tasks including writing EHCPs
- be able to create and deliver personalised curriculum pathways for identified students
- deal with external issues that influence the progress a student is able to make in school
- provide emotional support as necessary
- have strong communication skills allowing effective work across the school including with parents
If you fit the requirements of this role, please apply for this role and we will be in touch.
Please note: Vanguard Education holds the right to reject applicants who do not meet the safeguarding requirements. Vanguard Education does not employ candidates directly but offers a database of profiles for schools. Schools will offer direct contracts of employment.
- Special Education Needs and Disabilities coordinator