SMART Edcuation are recruiting for a qualified and experienced Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) to work full time within a secondary school in Birmingham on an interim basis. This is initially an interim post till Christmas 2020 with the prospect of becoming a permanent role for the right candidate.
Strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEN pupil achievement
Areas of responsibility and key tasks:
- Put provision in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEN improves relative to
- those without SEN.
- Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with
- a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEN pupils.
- Support departmental developments of SEN provision.
- Monitor progress towards targets for pupils with SEN.
- Analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data.
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision.
Teaching and Learning:
- Support the identification of and disseminate the most effective teaching approaches for individual pupils with SEN.
- Work with staff to develop effective ways of bridging barriers to learning through:
- Part time Teaching in specialist subject/ cover teaching will be required alongside SENCO responsibility.
assessment of needs
monitoring of teaching quality and pupil achievement
target setting - IEPs, or Provision Maps, PSP, CAF
keeping accurate records.
- Collect and interpret specialist assessment data to inform practice.
- Undertake day-to-day co-ordination of SEN pupils' provisions through close liaison with staff, parents and external agencies.
- Work with head teachers, teachers, key stage co-ordinators and pastoral staff to ensure all pupils learning is of equal importance and that there are high and realistic expectations of pupils.
Leading and managing:
• provide professional guidance to staff to secure good teaching for SEN pupils, through both written guidance and meetings;
• lead on the performance management process for SEN teachers and Support Assistants;
• advise on and contribute to the professional development of staff, including whole school
INSET provision; provide regular information to the head teacher and governing body on the evaluation of SEN provision.
Effective deployment of staff and resources:
- advise the head teacher and governing body of priorities for deployment of staff, and utilise
resources with maximum efficiency;
- maintain and develop resources, co-ordinate their deployment and monitor their
effectiveness in meeting the objectives of school and SEN policies;
- work with external agencies to maximise resources made available.
Do you have the desire to create a safe and nurturing learning experience for all children?
- Have you got the drive, creativity and personality to make a difference for our children?
- Could you be the exceptional SENCo we are looking for to join our innovative learning community?
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience or have an exceptional understanding of teaching in the primary phase
- Have SEN experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
- Have an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
- Have both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
- Be open to new approaches to learning and teaching
- Be an excellent team player
* Whilst initially this will be a one-year fixed term position, we envisage that this role will become permanent. *
YOU MUST HAVE SENCO QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours: Mon - Fri full time
Interview Dates: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Fran Sandiford
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'