A Bit About Us:
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award-winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
More About the Southern Region District Manager Role:
You will work closely with our Regional Managers and support our Outbase Managers and their teams. As part of your role, you will liaise regularly with your assigned Outbases, work with our Commercial, Quality and P&D team to find a better way. This is a home-based role but travel around the Southern Region is required so our ideal candidate will be located within travelling distance from London and all Southern Depots.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing:
Our Southern District Manager will play an integral part in ensuring excellent customer service is delivered to each one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislation, health & safety and people management. Our Purpose is to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way and we can only do this through being smart with our operational running and bold with our decision making. You will have overall responsibility in leading and managing the efficiency of the Outbases and will use your skills in the areas outlined below:
- Motivating and supporting Outbases
- Maintaining efficiency through effective people management
- Updating and submitting reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team on a weekly basis
- Coaching Outbase Managers
- Continuing to help future proof out Outbases
- Monitoring delivery performance
- Working alongside the Commercial team to assist with the effective planning of resources to help the business optimise efficiency and minimise operational risk during peak periods
- Working closely with the Quality team, ensuring product damage limitation
- Supporting with HR functions such as investigations, disciplinary hearings, appeal hearings and grievances
A Few Things About OurSouthern Region District Manager:
You need to be passionate about driving our business forward and really care about the service we deliver to our customers. You will be able to work under pressure whilst remaining relaxed and approachable and be driven to deliver on key objectives. You will be able to motivate our Outbase Managers and employees, encouraging a hard-working environment with happy people. You need to be bold enough to make tough decisions quickly and be able to challenge our performance so that we are always improving.
- Leading and motivating a team
- Working in a logistics environment or home delivery sector
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Working collaboratively with senior management and other departmental managers
- Excellent operational understanding
- The ability to produce management reports
- An understanding of managing budgets and resource planning
- Knowledge or understanding of managing HR processes including performance management
- Strong commercial acumen
- A strong problem-solver with confidence to overcome challenges independently
- Excellent communication skills
- PC literate including in-house logistics systems and Microsoft Packages
- Must be a CPC Holder – National/International
- Excellent Transport and Distribution knowledge
Why Choose AO:
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things are vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is “treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of”. To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee, you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'