Flitch of Bacon
£30,000 + Bonus
Set in the heart of the Essex countryside, Tim Allen's Flitch of Bacon is a modern British Inn - a place to eat, drink and sleep.
We are currently looking for a Sous Chef assist the Head Chef in creating dishes from local, seasonal and fresh produce.
The ideal candidate should be from a multi AA rosette background and have flair in delivering outstanding dishes!
You will be working closely within the small team, as well as with Tim in the restaurant’s stunning kitchen.
- Coordinating food preparation with other kitchen team members as instructed by the Head Chef, ensuring food is produced and presented to a high standard
- Minimise waste at all times
- Prep food as instructed by the Head Chef and on own initiative
- Assist Head Chef in the process of recruitment, induction and kitchen training
- Assist Head Chef in checking food orders and menus and plan ordering requirements accordingly
- Liaise with nominated suppliers to source specially requested food items
- Control ordering of fresh and frozen food produce
- Regularly inspect all kitchen areas for potential risks of temperature control of food
- Liaise with Head Chef to plan and price menus
- Communicate effectively with staff on all levels including encouraging team members to contribute to the agenda of regular team meetings
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- Confident in communication
- Have 2 years + experience in a similar role Essential
- Positive approach to work and staff Essential
- Flexible Essential
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate Essential
If you are currently looking for a role with progression, the opportunity to gain first-hand experience from a renowned Chef all whilst working in a beautiful setting, apply now.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"