We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Sous Chef to join the fantastic team at our client’s prestigious hotel in Cornwall.
The right candidate is passionate about food and delivering amazing standards is a must, with previous experience of working within a high-quality environment also required. This role provides a unique opportunity within a successful organisation, which encourages the individual development of their staff as well as overall development of the team. You will need to be self-motivated with the ability to lead and support a fully functional kitchen.
If so, this could be the role for you!
The restaurant prides itself on delivering exceptional standards and the right candidate will play a big role in that continuing. To be passionate about the work you do is vital, and experience working within a similarly high-quality environment is needed. This role provides a unique opportunity within a successful and expanding organisation, which encourages professional development and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
- Assist the Head Chef (and deputise in his absence) in the effective and efficient organisation of the kitchen, whilst ensuring all kitchen staff carry out their allotted duties to the Hotel’s standards
- Check and authorise rotas, timesheets and wages against business needs and budgeted figures
- To ensure training is carried out and recorded to the required standards
- Monitor costs and expenses within the department and to ensure that they are kept to a minimum
- Comply with all Food and Hygiene Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act and Fire Regulations
- Supervise and carry out the preparation, cooking and portioning of all food dishes
- Maintain the Hotel’s standards of department and personal appearance, cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen areas
- Maintain good liaison, communication and working relationships with management, the kitchen team and all other departments of the hotel
- Complete weekly kitchen audits in-conjunction with Head Chef and General Manager
- Previous experience in a similar establishment
- NVQ 1 Food Hygiene Certificate/training
- Basic computer skills
- Interest and passion for the food industry
- Flexible attitude to working hours and variable shift patterns
- Company Discount
- Reward Gateway
- Long Service Award (1 Extra Holiday day per 2 years complete service)
- Optional Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- 50/50 Split on tips with FOH
- Outstanding on the job training opportunities
- A beautiful location in a stunning part of the country
If you feel this is a role for you, then apply below
Contempo Recruitment is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving candidates and clients across Devon and Cornwall. Our advertised roles relate to real vacancies that exist with our clients.
Please be aware that we will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Due to our GDPR policy when you apply for this current vacancy then you have given us the permission under Data Protection to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. Upon receiving your CV this will be taken as your permission to proceed with your application.
Contempo Recruitment is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"