Are you looking for a new challenge in your Food & Beverage career? Would you like a role that offers a great work/life balance and opportunities for professional growth? If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
Internally you'll be known as our Chef, and this will be reflected on your contract of employment.
What it's like to work here
This spectacular 18th century mansion is a very popular visitor attraction. Built for the first Lord Berwick in 1785, Attingham Hall and its beautiful parkland were owned by one family for more than 160 years.
Attingham’s saviours, the eighth Lord and Lady, began restoration work in the early twentieth century and this lives on in our Attingham Re-Discovered project. This project aims to bring the mansion back to life, and this year visitors can see our conservation work in action.
What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Using your creative skills, you’ll use local produce to develop dishes to inspire visitors with our spirit of place. Working alongside the Head Chef/Food & Beverage Manager you'll ensure our menu reflects the seasons, and each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time. In this role, you'll also be managing our kitchen in the Head Chef's absence.
As a team, you'll strive for a culture of exceptional service and work effectively to deliver great results. You’ll be constantly seeking and developing new income opportunities and working to achieve financial targets and increase margins by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources.
Working alongside the team, you'll ensure everyone is compliant with relevant legislation and internal processes including food hygiene and COSHH procedures. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers and other team members. You’ll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers, and look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
As an experienced Sous Chef, you’ll be passionate about food and be driven to exceed customer’s expectations by delighting them with the delicious food you create, prepare and serve:
You'll need to be;
- Customer focussed with great verbal and written communication skills
- A great team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Qualified in food preparation and cooking to City & Guilds or NVQ L2 or equivalent
- Experienced in successfully delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"