The Tap on the Line is a beautiful pub just minutes away from the famous Kew Gardens, serving stunning food all day to tourists and locals alike. We have a close-knit kitchen and FOH team, and are looking for a sous chef to complete the Tap Team. We open for breakfast right through to dinner, with brunch throughout the day and our famous roast dinners on a Sunday. Our Head Chef was recently a finalist in the Fullers Chef of the Year competition, and our breakfast won the Heinz Best Pub Breakfast award last year. With great opportunities to progress, and work for a company that really values growth and development, this is a fantastic chance for a budding sous chef to really make an impact.
Shift patterns generally consist of a mixture of breakfast (8-3), evening (3-10), and one or two doubles (10-3/4-10) per week, working 5 days out of 7.Could you unlock the potential in our kitchen?
Join us as a Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity. You’ll be second in command to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix.
Food is a serious business in Fuller’s pubs, so you’ll be working in an advanced kitchen to create fabulous, fresh dishes – using the best of seasonal, local ingredients.
- Work for a company that shares your passion for food
- Develop your skills towards a Head Chef role
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% off in all Fuller's pubs!
- Take advantage of our fantastic Chef Scholarships and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
As deputy to the Head Chef, you’ll take full control of the kitchen when they’re away. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact, and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by a team of talented Executive Chefs and Fuller’s training team to help you to develop your career.
You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring the best out in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all be essential for this role. But we’re interested in your personality and potential too – not just your previous experience.
- You must thrive under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You should be able to lead a team
- You’ll set yourself the highest standards
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.
Tap On The Line
The Tap on the Line is a traditional station pub, busily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. The customers here range from young families enjoying a leisurely breakfast, to time-wary commuters with a train to catch.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job