MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Leading the team in order to consistently deliver the highest
standards of food service exceeding guest expectations
and allocated hotel budgets.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• To take pride in everything I do
• To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality
• To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests
• To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand
• To take ownership for my personal development and performance
• To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team
• To consistently deliver Macdonald core standards which are relevant to my role
• To maintain a safe and clean environment
• To take responsibility for understanding our products and services
• To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
• To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others
• To give my full to support to company initiatives
• To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures
• To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance
• To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes
• To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department
• To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role
• To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience
• Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS)
• To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity
• Spot and act on every opportunity for sales
• To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• To control the resources, manage the processes and cultivate the understanding of basic kitchen management skills.
• To continually maintain standards in line with the brand standards of Macdonald Hotels.
• Ensure total compliance of all legislation pertaining to food handling and food safety in line with PSN & EHO.
• Promote the respect of the staff and management by understanding problems, showing the correct support and providing solutions. To drive the best possible standards to the agreed budgets.
• Provide constructive feedback to chefs on hotels standards and service delivery.
• Provide support for brand standards and chef development.
• Ensure all statuary regulations are adhered and uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
• To comply with all policies and procedures as written down in the staff hand book.
• Support Head chefs with developing, controlling and delivering the food offering.
• Chef is expected to attend all morning operation meetings and F&B meetings. He is then expected to cascade this to the team. He is responsible for make sure his team a fully aware of business for the day and for the week.
• Feedback to be given to individuals through the appraisal process and personal development plans set and actioned accordingly.
• To adhere to core standards on menu descriptions, training and focussing on presentation, cooking specifications and food costs.
• Systems, procedures and practice for the maintenance of quality and customer service standards to be maintained.
• To create an environment that delights the customer and encourages feedback, high level of satisfaction and repeat business.
• Problems affecting the customers identified and interpreted, solutions agreed then promptly implemented.
• To ensure the delivery of all brand standard menus, as set down by dish specification.
• To contribute to controlling their food cost and stock control.
• To contribute to achieving and exceeding the budgeted GP.
• Ensure food stock must be controlled through correct ordering, storage and production, in line with business and legal requirements.
• Demonstrate an understanding the P&L, food flash & forecasts reports.
• Maximising profits and exploiting opportunities for business growth.
• To demonstrate efficiency through the maximisation of IT systems: e.g. Procure Wizard, Rota Horizon, Intranet operating standards.
• Procedures and legal requirements pertaining to fire, safety, hygiene and security to be adhered to at all times.
• To work with all chefs to achieve agreed pass mark in all PSN audits.
• Appropriate records maintained in accordance with Company and legal requirements
• To prioritise a greater understanding in all PSN practices.
• Ensure a valid intermediate food hygiene certificate is maintained.
• Appropriate records maintained in accordance with Company and legal requirements.
• Brand standard audits
• Health & Safety checks
• Guest feedback
• Mystery guest
• AA inspection outcome
• PSN audits
• EHO reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job