Sous Chef - Quality City Centre Hotel
** Exciting new opportunity**
Berkeley Scott are extremely proud to be recruiting in partnership with quality city centre operator. Our client, a large well organised hotel is looking for a highly experienced Sous Chef with strong, quality background to assist in the running of their new operation.
We are looking for a successful and skilled Sous Chef with a strong passion for food and key experience of restaurant and banqueting with a financial understanding of the business.
You will be a natural cook, and get a real kick out of fresh food and quality ingredients, developing the team around you and supporting them on to great success!
As this is a hands-on Sous Chef role, you will need to enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, deputising for the Head Chef whilst motivating and getting the best out of the team. You will need to have experience of ordering, understanding of GP control and team rostering - though you will have full support of this from the head chef.
The successful Sous Chef will have a talent for cooking with quality seasonal ingredients and helping to plan menus. You will need an organised and calm manner, be able to take responsibility for your own work as well as the team around you – all the while, keeping customer satisfaction as your yardstick.
* Solid proven Sous Chef experience in a busy, high standard hotel
* Some financial knowledge (GPs, quality/portion control)
* Knowledge of Back of House procedures
* A real personality – fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
* Previous strong experience of working in a busy, high-quality kitchen with a passion for and proven experience.
If you are successful you will be joining a great company and benefit from:
-A competitive salary
-Excellent training and development opportunities
-A dynamic, changing and developing company
This is a quality company with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format. If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website, www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities