We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Sous Chef to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We want you to lead a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel.
Experience we expect -
• Sous Chef or exceptional Chef de Partie looking for their first Sous Chef position - we really support development at Jurys Inn and like to give people the opportunity to progress.
• Background in branded hotels or restaurants is preferred - so you will understand how we work
• Flexiblility - to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends as well as mornings, or evenings (no split-shifts here)
• Be comfortable following a standardised menu
• To be standards driven and have good organisational skills.
• To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
• To be able to communicate and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
• Used to managing costs - we like to keep a close eye on things
• Know the EHO requirements and be able to ensure the team do to.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Manage, supervise and participate in the preparation of food for all the Food and Beverage outlets at the hotel- this includes bar, restaurant and conference and banqueting (where applicable).
• Ensure food is produced in a timely and efficient manner and meets the highest standards of taste, quality and presentation.
• Ensure the control of costs and productivity through the establishment of standards of outputs.
• Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications
• Ensure implementation of effective cost controls without compromising standards of service.
• To lead and develop an energetic workforce, having involvement in recruitment, learning and development, team engagement initiatives and all aspects of people management.
• To ensure the kitchen is clean and that the team all know the correct hygiene standards expected.
• To ensure the kitchen team follow HACCP and food safety standards. Using the tools and equipment provided.
• To train and develop the team within the kitchen so that a talent pipeline exists for future progression, the company host chef development courses such as The Chef Development Programme and we host internal competitions.
Why come and work for us?
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
• Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn
• Having the chance to work with and around friendly people- we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 83.3% (2016 result)
• Training run by experts to support your needs.
• Sensible benefits -Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, childcare vouchers, Christmas savings scheme, Bike to work etc
• Earn up to £1000 for recommending a friend to work for us
• Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
• The opportunity to work for a well respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
• Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job