I am currently recruiting for a Sous Chef for a 3AA rosette, nationally renowned restaurant in Kent. This exciting opportunity will allow you to cook at the highest standard, be creative with menu design and lead a brigade of up to 6 chefs in Head Chef’s absence.
Sous Chef Job Benefits:
- Salary up to £28,000
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (in lieu if worked)
- Meals on duty
- Good transport links
- 4 day working week
The restaurant currently holds 3 AA rosettes, and with a very talented Head Chef running the kitchen they are now looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to assist with the day to day running of the kitchen.
There is a brigade of 6 chefs preparing seasonal, a la carte menus and only the finest, fresh produce will be used, all of which is locally sourced where possible. As Sous Chef you will be involved in menu design, stock control, ordering and training the junior members of the team.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Lead kitchen team in Head Chefs absence to prepare delicious, fresh meals
- Prepare and write menus and daily specials
- Budgeting and costing all dishes
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Write and update HACCP plan
Essential Requirements of Senior Sous Chef:
- Experience in similar role
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong management skills
- Creativity with menu design
- Passion for career and keen to progress
8 shifts over 4 days.
Unfortunately, staff accommodation is not currently available.
The ideal candidate will have had a minimum of 2 AA Rosette experience and worked within some superb, quality kitchens. This is a busy, well-established restaurant with a great future ahead and an excellent reputation for the exquisite food they serve.