SOUS CHEF, London EC2
Salary: £26,000 per annum, plus 10% bonus
Our client is a well established but expanding restaurant and catering group with a strong ethic of providing fresh quality food from local suppliers. They are looking for an experienced Sous Chef with experience of working in a busy high volume restaurant.
Restaurant Opening hours: Monday to Saturday : 9am-10pm, Sunday : 11am-10pm. Shifts are 40-45 hours per week.
Restaurant Style: Family friendly, great views from the terrace.
Menu: Homemade wood fired oven pizza’s, burgers, light meals, deli food, sweet treats and coffee.
The Sous Chef will be responsible, alongside the Head Chef, for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The Sous Chef will also ensure that all menus, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality and will be able to maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
If you are passionate about food and working hard this is a very rewarding company to work for.
Essential Responsibilities for Sous Chef:
- Prepares daily production/menu list.
- Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period.
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portions servings correctly.
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Places food and supply orders as directed.
- Receives product be verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise.
- Hires and trains employees to company standards.
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Manages staffing levels throughout shift.
- Oversees kitchen labour and food cost to budgetary requirements.
Qualifications & Knowledge Requirements for Senior Sous Chef
- College or culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must have previous Sous Chef experience within a busy restaurant or cafe environment
producing similar food.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.
- Actively supervise, motivate and discipline employees.
- Assist with hiring and training of all new employees.
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
- Organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and is a team player.
- Work well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
Great prospects for someone with strong ethics and the ability to work in a busy kitchen.
- Sous Chef
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job