Our client based in Oxford are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join their team in a permanent position for Monday 16th April.
As Sous Chef you will assist the Senior Sous and Head Chef in overall management and control of the Kitchen and lead the catering team in their absence. Your role will be fundamental in maintaining and further developing the skills of the Kitchen team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain & improve standards of service in relation to all procedures, staff and food production
- Ensure that catering deadlines are met
- To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations and any additional requirements laid down by the Dragon School Trust
- To supervise, motivate, coach & team build
- Provide assistance to the Senior Sous Chef and Head Chef with functions and other arranged events
- In the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chefs absence and in conjunction with management, lead the Kitchen team
- Provide assistance to the Catering Manager and Assistant Catering Manager or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
- Assist in the implantation of all COSHH and HACCP Regulations
- You will be expected to step in and cover staff sickness and shortfalls, which could be at short notice
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
- Qualified Chef with a recognisable training provider for example 706/1 & 706/2 or NVQ equivalent
- Food Safety Qualification
- Health & Safety Qualification
- To have worked within a large catering team
- Excellent spoken, written and listening English skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation and demonstrate a willingness to work within strict Heath & Hygiene regimes
- Full understanding of food controls and food production
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating the quality of the goods you produce
- Evidence of working successfully as a member of a team
- A breadth of appropriate catering experience up to Sous Chef level
- Ability to deliver a quality product within the confines of a School Budget but also produce high end dining when required
- Willingness to share expertise, skills and knowledge and ability to encourage others to follow suit
- Is resilient and demonstrates ability to work in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working under pressure and with competing priorities
- Flexible approach to work rotas, should the need arise be available at short notice and unsociable hours/weekends, etc.
Pay and Working Hours:
- Salary: £23,658
- Hours: 40 hours per week (including some weekends)
- Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks paid to be taken during school holiday and as directed by the Catering Manager
The client requires CV’s prior to arranging interviews.
Please be aware this role does not start until Monday 16th April
If you think you are suitable for the role, please click 'Apply’.
- Food Safety
- Safety Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job