We currently have a requirement for a Sous Chef to join a busy gastro pub based in Alvanley, Frodsham. We are looking for a Sous Chef who has excellent experience of working in a similar environment or a strong Chef de Partie who has a proven track record and looking to take the next step in their career.
We are proud to recruit on behalf of our client who operates a rapidly expanding group of family owned pubs in the heart of Cheshire. This warm-welcoming country pub entices those looking for a welcoming environment to enjoy home cooked British classics. The menu, full of mouth-watering dishes and unique daily specials, are prepared fresh every day in order to create the highest quality and the most tempting food for their customers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a real passion for cooking and an eagerness to create a consistently high quality of food. We are looking for someone with experience in a range of kitchen management duties. The ideal candidate will hold previous experience in staff training, labour budget control, ensuring company due diligence is carried out and menu development which can showcase the company and the fresh produce to its highest potential. The ideal candidate will also be expected to undergo any additional training provided by the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to follow company guidelines and specification
- Good working knowledge of food and cooking techniques
- The ability to cook and present the menu to a consistent high standard
- The ability to follow Health and Safety legislation at all times
As a Sous Chef, you will be working closely with the Head Chef day to day to help run the kitchen and lead the team to a flawless service.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the kitchen and covering the Head Chef’s days off
- Ordering and stock rotation of all food
- Ensuring all company due diligence is carried out
- Working alongside the team to achieve the company food margin
- Maintaining a high standard of food and service to exceed customer expectations
- Leading the team to ensure a 5 Star “Score on the Doors” is achieved
- 5 day working week
- Meals on duty
- Company benefits
- Uniform provided
For further information about this position and many more please contact us or apply now.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bookachef who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.