We are recruiting on behalf of our client, who has an opening for a Sous Chef within their countryside Pub. Beautifully situated in Mid Sussex, this privately owned establishment offers its guests freshly prepared food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Before continuing, please note that owing to its location, all applicants would need to have a full, clean driving licence and own transport.
Working alongside the team, this role would involve assisting with daily preparation. Cooking to order well presented, quality dishes, and assisting in maintaining high food safety and hygiene standards in the kitchen. Experience in a similar setting is preferable and an individual willing to learn and be part of a great team would be ideal.
Salary: Up to £30,000
Days: 5 out of 7
Holidays: 28 (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Further benefits: An equal share of the tips.
Please do read the necessary requirements below before applying, as the relevant experience and skills listed are essential.
A suitable candidate would:
- Have experience in a similar setting
- A sound knowledge of hygiene standards
- Be able to train junior members of the team
- Possess professional cooking / hospitality qualifications, and Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- Have knowledge of seasonal fresh produce
- Be passionate about serving great food
- Happy to work independently or as part of a team
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and great time management so as to cope with busy periods
- Drive and have access to own transport, as public transport is very limited