Our Stockton Heath Bistrot Pierre is open seven days a week and we serve lunch and dinner.
Our restaurant typically caters for a volume of anything from around 40 covers on a quiet weekday lunch service up to around 180 covers per service on a busy lunchtime evening or weekend.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Sous Chef to join our team.
Duties of the Sous Chef:
- To be responsible for the running of a scrupulously clean kitchen, in the absence of the Head Chef
- Assist and support the Head Chef to ensure all food GP, wages and food quality targets are met
- Ordering and control of stock so all our ingredients are readily available and are prepared in a scrupulously clean kitchen
- To be a fully competent and “hands on” Sous Chef, happy and confident cooking on all sections, including running of the pass and in preparing our recipes to specific brand specifications and to a consistently high standard.
- Training, mentoring and coaching junior members of the team or team members to ensure the kitchen operates effectively and efficiently
- To ensure that food production standards are met and brand specifications are always correctly followed.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy by adhering to strict health and hygiene standards
- Encourage the Bistrot Pierre culture and reflect our statement vision of ‘great value and delicious cooking in a buzzy atmosphere provided by a friendly and professional team enjoying themselves’
- Multitask when required
We are looking for a Sous Chef who has:
- Training and supervisory experience of a team of chefs
- Good understanding of food cost control and HACCP
- Online ordering and stock control experience
- Experience in drafting up rotas and working within a strict labour model
- Ideally some branded restaurant experience but if not, is able to demonstrate a clear track record of success working as a Head Chef, Sous Chef or Junior SC in a good hotel, restaurant or cruise ship environment
- Proven success in working within a fast paced kitchen, cooking to order for high cover numbers
- Enthusiasm to succeed within our team
- Strong IT skills
In return we are offering the successful Sous Chef the following:
- Up to £24,000 per annum basic salary
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Generous bonus scheme worth up to £3000 per annum
- Generous chef referral financial incentive scheme worth £750 per successful referral
- Excellent training and development and the opportunity for career progression including eligibility to apply for “Tricolore” our Management Development Programme
- Awesome staff benefits - including staff price on quality wines, "Perkbox" flexible benefits programme and a very generous discounted staff rate on MacDonalds Hotels.