The Green Man - Putney
Putney (Mainline) & Putney East (District Line)
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
The Green Man is a country pub in the city with one of the best gardens in London. Here at the Green Man we strive to make our customers feel like part of the family & offer a complete experience by delighting them with our fantastic food offer, friendly staff & great drinks. We’re after hard-working, enthusiastic staff ready to become a part of our family. We need people to be passionate about our pub and want to learn and develop their skills. We can offer an amazing place to work with great opportunities for progress.
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”