Due to an internal promotion our client, an exciting privately-owned restaurant concept in Esher, are presently seeking a highly-professional Sous Chef to take up the vacant position with their long-standing team, overseeing the running of their kitchen, reporting directly to the Head Chef and overseeing the running of the kitchen in the Head Chef's absence.
You will be contracted to 45 hours a week, to include weekends and bank holidays with occasional weekends off (if staffing levels permit). Any hours worked over 45 hours per week are paid as overtime. You will also receive a handsome share of tips and service charge in-line with this senior position.
The Overall Purpose of the position is to assist the Head Chef to prepare top class seasonal and unique menu's which feature Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. All made from scratch often using fresh local ingredients in their kitchen by the team of talented chefs.
- Assist the Head Chef and the kitchen to retain it's high standing in the local area including outstanding reviews on-line
- Oversee the kitchen to include freshness of ingredients, level of staffing, mis en place.
- Assist with menu writing and dish creating.
- Oversee and assist other sections in the kitchen as required
- Assist the Head Chef with in-house PR and Sauce Communication (i.e. recipes, Press Trips etc)
- Ensure that all sections are set for service.
- Assist in training all Chefs and Kitchen Porters.
- Ensure the kitchen is organised with the correct daily function sheets, mis en place, job lists and that jobs are prioritised in the correct order.
- Assist in maintaining a professional level in the kitchen adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Assist and prepare the day to day ordering for the kitchen.
- Ensure that the kitchen areas are clean and meet safety standards.
- Assist with HACCP and Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is fully functional, stored correctly and staff are looking after the equipment.
- Be a 'hands on’ presence during service as and when required.
Please note; due to it's location, those not travelling from London will be required to have their own transport. There is parking on-site. The location is only a short walk from Esher train station.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'