Sous Chef - Incredible Luxury 4 Hotel
The candidate who is successful will have the opportunity to work within a stunning hotel, based in SE London
You will have a proven track record of working within quality establishment, ideally with a hotel background.
£28,000 + Fantastic Career Prospects + Excellent Benefits
My client, a luxury hotel, believes that small actions have a big impact, for example a genuine welcome or a comforting smile, they also realise the value of extending their hospitality beyond check-out. With more than 500 hotels all over the world, my client are the perfect place to enjoy beautiful rooms and first-rate service, and excellent food.
Due to their continued success and growth a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous chef, with a passion for food, has become available; they are seeking an exceptional individual to be an integral part of their team.
To assist in the effective running of the kitchen and food preparation areas in the hotel, with a focus on providing high quality service, excellent products, and a well-developed team of employees who work in a safe, hygienic and encouraging environment
- Ensure the preparation, production and presentation of all food items are to the highest standard, and in-keeping with food trends, costs, product availability, local competition and business needs
- Create, maintain and modify standards of performance that reflect the business needs and which address the satisfaction and delight of their guests
- Maximise revenues through – Menu costings, Stock control, Efficient & economical purchasing, Waste reduction & portion control, Cost efficiencies and Effective roster management
- Supervise service as necessary in the kitchen
- Ensure all financial responsibilities within the food & drink department are met, paying close attention to the correct acceptance of food deliveries, delivery note reconciliation and storage.
- Ensure all legal responsibilities within the kitchen department are adhered to, especially with reference to – Food hygiene, food sampling, temperature logs, final cooking temperatures, Weights & Measures, Health & Safety, Fire precautions, Security and safety, HACCP, COSHH
- Take ownership of the kitchen areas in the hotel, paying attention to and dealing effectively with - Premises, plant and fixtures, Employee appearance and uniforms including PPE
- Stock levels – these must be maintained to an agreed standard to provide seamless service to our guests
- Motivate, inspire and manage kitchen employees.
- Assist in meeting or exceeding food gross profits as agreed with the Operations Manager and Head Chef
- Ensure that employee food is of a high quality and produced to meet the needs of the business as well as that of the employee, keeping in mind costs and taking advantage of excess stocks and seasonality, and also that the food is provided without having an effect on the production of food for guests
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Previous experience within a quality establishment
- Demonstrate a passion for food
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lead a team by example
Interested? Don\'t delay, send your CV to Lesley today! Lesley@maidayrecruit  .co.uk
- You must have HACCP experience
- You must have experience in a similar role within a quality hotel
- You must have a passion for food
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job