We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at this beautifully refurbished and very successful restaurant serving all fresh locally sourced seasonal produce.
They are really looking for an ambitious chef looking to make a name for themselves and who wants to gain accolades.
You will currently be working as a sous chef, junior sous, or senior CDP in similar fresh food pubs, restaurants, or hotels.
You will need your own transport.
ROLE - SOUS CHEF
As the Sous Chef working alongside and deputising for the head chef you will:
- Prepare and cook the menus
- Be involved in writing & costing menus
- Control stock, labour, and budgets
- Manage wastage
- Train and develop the team
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Work closely with the front of house team
- Work to achieve sales targets
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - SOUS CHEF
- Experience as a sous/junior sous/senior CDP in busy fresh food restaurants, pubs, or hotels
- Passion for working with fresh seasonal produce
- Creativity - writing & costing menus, including for events
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- The ability to train, develop, and manage small teams
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant legislation & compliance
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion, ambition, and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a restaurant looking to gain accolades and make a name for themselves.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.