Are you looking for your next SOUS CHEF challenge? My client has a large hotel on London Riverbank that due to a team restructure requires a Sous Chef focusing on Banquets and another focusing on room service.
My client is always striving for excellence and know that if they invest in their team members, they’ll invest in the company.
As a Room Service or banqueting Sous Chef you will be responsible for contributing to the production of the highest possible food quality within the kitchen at all times. You will lead the Room Service or Banqueting Kitchen department in the absence of the Executive Head Chef and will support the Executive Head Chef in achieving departmental goals and objectives, with food quality as a main focus at all times.
The Banqueting or Room Service Sous Chef will:
- Maintain food quality and presentation in each outlet by ensuring that recipes are correctly prepared and presented as per Executive Head Chef & quality standards
- Prepare and design creative menus with the Executive Head Chef, appropriately costed and sourced
- Assist with maintenance of HACCP Food Safety Standards through documented procedures
- Maintain food cost budget and minimise waste and spoilage by correct use of product, proper ordering and sharing of ‘mise en place’ with other team members
- Pass on knowledge and skills of the Chef de Partie, Commis Chefs, trainees and support team leaders by explaining and teaching basic cuts, product knowledge, new cooking trends, in an effort to improve quality of products created
- Direct the activities in the kitchen to maintain and improve productivity, food quality and service in accordance with the hotel’s budget and business goals
- Ensure the team are engaged and that the performance of the team is managed in a positive and proactive way
What we they looking for:
- A Sous chef with previous experience in a supervisory position within a busy kitchen environment
- An individual truly passionate about food with a proven track record of creating an inspirational dining experience, preferably in a hotel environment
- Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
- A leader who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and taking ownership for the development of their team
- Someone able to work in a fast paced working environment whilst leading from the front
- A person who easily connects with others and can live up to our mission statement: Inspiring our guests through individuality and passion!
Does this sound like the next SOUS Chef opportunity for your career APPLY today!