Up to £25,000 (neg) + bonus and tips
This is a great opportunity for an experienced chef de partie or sous chef to join a thriving, eclectic, and multi award winning independent restaurant in Bath.
Serving an all fresh menu in quirky surroundings you will work closely with and deputise for the the head chef managing every aspect of this busy kitchen, including stock, wastage, the GP, staffing, rotas, compliance, and presentation.
ROLE - SOUS CHEF
As the Sous Chef you will manage the kitchen with the head chef:
- Work on all sections
- Control stock, the GP, wastage, and labour
- Prepare and cook the all fresh menu
- Train, lead, coach, and manage the team
- Maintain high standards and presentation
- Work closely with and deputise for the head chef
- Maintain compliance & legislation
ATTRIBUTES - SOUS CHEF
- Experience as a Sous Chef in busy high volume branded or independent restaurants
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Passion for cooking fresh food, including fish
- Stock ordering & control
- A good understanding of compliance
- Passion to succeed
- An outgoing and positive personality and outlook
- IT literate - working with systems & process and a keen interest in implementing systems to improve performance and control
This is an excellent opportunity.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
- Food Safety