Sous Chef - Award-Winning Business
Who will I be working for?
We are St Austell Brewery, a family-owned, independent business that is passionate about great food and drink and delivering the very best to our customers. We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels across the South West, from Bath and Bristol, to the Isles of Scilly.
We are now looking for a Sous Chef to join our team in Polzeath at the Oystercatcher overlooking the breath-taking Polzeath beach, one of only eight in Cornwall with a Blue Flag rating for high environmental and quality standards.
What will I get in return?
- Salary of £9 - £12 per hour DOE
- 30% off food and drink at our managed houses and 50% off accommodation from your first day
- Pension scheme
- Excellent training (many of our managers started off in entry level roles)
- Employee reward programme - if you provide a fantastic service, we’ll make sure it’s recognised
- Join a business that supports local charities, good causes and individuals in need
- Cycle to work scheme
This is an amazing opportunity for a Sous Chef or Chef De Partie to take on a new challenge and join one of the South-West’s leading, family-owned breweries.
You’ll discover an incredible environment filled with talented and enthusiastic people, bags of training and development opportunities, including accredited training, and a clear career track.
What’s more, with a beautiful location overlooking one of Cornwall’s exceptional beaches and superb discounts on both food and accommodation, you may never want to leave! Alternatively, you may be tempted to visit one of our 175 other locations to gain inspiration and sample some St Austell beers, wines or other beverages.
What will I be getting up to?
As a Sous Chef, you will join the team at the Oystercatcher serving fresh food to those staying at the pub and all passing trade.
Situated in Polzeath, a renowned surfing destination on the North Cornwall coast, the Oystercatcher offers self-catering accommodation and local pub food.
Having just been refurbished, it’s a great time to be joining the Oystercatcher and getting involved in exciting launches, new menus and the thriving summer season.
Specifically, you will:
- Line manage other kitchen staff
- Prepare, cook and serve all meals on the menu
- Run the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Help out with stock ordering and budgeting
What will I need?
To be considered as one of our Sous Chefs, you will need:
- Experience working as a Chef De Partie or Sous Chef in a fast paced, busy kitchen
- A Food Hygiene Level 2 or 3 qualification or be happy to work towards this
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own transport (due to location)
At present, only candidates with the right to work in the UK are able to be progressed.
Other organisations may call this role Second Chef, Chef de Partie, Line Chef, Demi-Chef, Sous Chef, Commis Chef, Assistant Chef, Pub Chef, or Kitchen Chef.
Webrecruit and St Austell Brewery are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an amazing career move as the Sous Chef at the Oystercatcher, Polzeath, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'