This company is hiring a Sous Chef to join our experienced team.
Our award-winning kitchen turns handfuls of the freshest ingredients into thousands of delicious, handmade, gourmet meals.
You will assist the head chef with running the kitchen, including goods-in, preparation, cooking, finishing, chilling and the packaging of all meals - making each dish to our exacting taste and quality standards.
You would also have an opportunity to participate in recipe development.
To succeed in this role:
- You must be energetic and enthusiastic with a real passion for great food.
- You will have clear expectations of what you want from each team member, understand how to get the best out of your people, coaching, and nurturing staff to develop a team that you are proud and confident to lead a section.
- You will lead by example, sleeves-up and preparing or cooking wherever necessary - always ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen and consistent quality products, while looking out for others & guiding them.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an existing sous chef, who has helped to run a busy production kitchen for a minimum of 24 months.
- Passionate about great food, efficient operations and consistently brilliant flavours.
- Takes pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness and health & safety.
- Have excellent organisational skills, thriving on getting things done.
- Excellent communicator, enhancing the team by listening, offering direction and speaks up when something is wrong or jeopardising production or quality.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive, and committed with a can-do attitude.
- Thrives in an environment that is based on the production kitchen floor.
- Embraces change and challenge.
- Great sense of humour.