Our client runs one of Europes leading and most exclusive 5* Red Resorts and are currently looking to appoint a Sous Chef to join their team.
To assist the Executive Chef prepare top class cuisine/dishes using fresh local ingredients.
- To assist in the managing of the day to day running of all food outlets in the Executive Chef’s absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef and the facility in retaining the 5 star standards.
- To oversee Conference and Banqueting kitchen.
- Be a 'hands on’ presence during service as and when required.
- Oversee all kitchens to include freshness of ingredients, level of staffing, mis en place.
- Assist with menu writing and dish creating in all food outlets.
- Assist in the managing of the kitchen brigade of over thirty chefs and porters.
- Help to recruit and train all Chefs and Kitchen Porters.
- Ensure the kitchen is organised with the correct daily function sheets, mis en place, job lists and that jobs are prioritised in the correct order.
- Assist in maintaining a professional level in each kitchen adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Assist and prepare the day to day ordering for the kitchen
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months experience within a similar post within a 4 or 5* facility. You must be confident, engaging and a team player.