Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary Circa: £28,000 (DOE) + 28 Days Holidays (inc. Bank holidays) +Pension + Staff Discounts on Facilities, Products and Treatments + Stunning Working Environment
Are you a Junior Sous or Sous Chef right now looking for your next step?
Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a luxurious 5* Star resort where you have a real influence in their menu style for the future?
Do you want to work under an Award-Winning Head Chef who thrives on mentoring and training up and coming sous chefs for greatness?
If yes to these questions, then this may be the ideal role for you:
The Requirements of Sous Chef:
- To join my client as a Sous Chef you will ideally hold a minimum of Level 2 or Level 3 or a Diploma in Professional Cooking, Culinary Arts, Catering and Hospitality
- Ideally you will have 6 years in a kitchen environment with around 1-2 years’ experience being a Junior Sous or Sous Chef
- Experience having worked in a Hotel restaurant kitchen is required for the Sous Chef
- You will ideally have worked with versatile menu’s in the past and have and be open minded to deliver a diverse menu for a wide range of clientele
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated and passionate team is essential as well as lead the kitchen as and when required
The Role of Sous Chef:
- Working directly with the Head Chef on the day-to-day running of the kitchen and running the kitchen independently in the Head Chef’s absence
- Preparing dishes from the menu in place as well as working with the Head Chef to make alterations and suggest improvements to the menu
- Be able to work flexibly throughout the week - Typically 45 hours with no split shifts
- Train and mentor other chefs to increase their skills and enhance the ability of the kitchen team
- Constant communication between your kitchen team and the waiting/bar staff is essential as well communications with the front of house hotel team being just as important
- Maintain a high quality and consistent level of service for all customers throughout the day no matter the cuisine
The Company & Opportunity:
- Our client is a contemporary country house hotel and spa located in the glorious Cotswold countryside surrounded by 55 acres of parkland, woods and meadows. The gardens feature natural springs, lakes and Victorian cascades
- With emphasis on comfort, service and very few rules, it is the ideal place to relax, unwind and indulge in the heart of the British countryside - with a treatment or two booked in it is the perfect place to enjoy peace & quiet
- They enjoy an enviable reputation and VIP clientele, they provide an amazing service through their amazing spa treatments, their luxurious rooms and their excellent facilities such as their Restaurant and Bar area which offers fine and casual dining
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then please apply now!
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
- Fine Dining
- Sous Chef
- AA Rosette
- Red Star
- Hotel Restaurant