Job Role - Sous Chef
Location - North West London
Sector: Contract Catering / Education Catering
Salary - £22k + Overtime available in summer months
This is an opportunity for a motivated Sous Chef to join this National Education Caterer at this Independent School based near to Watford. You will be supporting the Head Chef and working within a team of 8 and be confident to cover and lead in the absence of the head chef. Due to the location of the school you would need to have your own transport as it is not accessible by public transport. Full parking on site is provided.
This is a 42 week contract with all school holidays off! There is the potential for extra earnings as the school often has summer clubs that the Sous Chef would be expected to work and this would increase salary as all overtime is paid.
You will be catering for around 1100 students and teachers on a daily basis and all food is produced fresh and you must be confident and up to date with all allergen and nutritional guidelines.
The Sous chef must be confident in all area's of the kitchen as well as with the financial aspects including menu planning and costings. You will act as a mentor to junior chefs and be able to lead by example so all tasks are completed in the required time.
- £22,000 per year for a 42 week contract
- 10 weeks holiday!
- Join a national Education Contract Caterer with potential to grow and develop in the future
- Chance to work during holiday times to increase earning potential
- Training Courses and skills workshops
- Full uniform and meals on duty provided along with free parking on site
- School will conduct a full DBS clearance on your behalf
Ideal Candidate -
- Previous experience with Education Catering or similar environment at Sous Chef level or an ambitional Senior Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef wanting to take the next step in their career
- Comfortable in all sections of the kitchen and be able to guide and lead junior team members
- Have a good financial understanding of costings and GP
- Wanting to join a growing company and develop both personally and professionally
- Someone who can bring idea's and suggestions and work closely with the Head Chef to achieve all goals
Please send me your CV if this sounds like you and you want to know more!
- Chef de Partie
- Sous Chef
- Kitchen Staff
- Senior Chef