Salary: £35,000-50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Benefits: 9% bonus at target, 28 days holiday, fantastic pension scheme (matched contributions doubled e.g. 7% from Employee, 14% from employer) and much, much more!
Royal London (RL) is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have a commercial ambition. An ambition to create and sustain a best in class Group-wide Sourcing and Supplier Management capability. A capability that delivers defined commercial excellence, time and time again. The Procurement Transformation is underway and there is no better time to join Royal London!
An integral permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sourcing Manager to join our Sourcing and Supplier Management Team based in our Wilmslow or Edinburgh office. The Sourcing and Supplier Management Team's purpose is to be a trusted and valued commercial capability that delivers significant business cost, risk and relationship management value and to create a centre of commercial excellence for the Royal London Group through best in class sourcing and supplier management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the fullest overall commercial value, in collaboration with the business, from key third party facing sourcing opportunities, suppliers and contracts with a category management approach.
- Sourcing support for low to medium spend and low to medium risk for Royal London strategic technology or business services' projects - specific leadership, to include running the end to end tendering process, contract and price negotiation
- Create new and innovative commercial supplier led models and opportunities that drive cost, risk and relationship value to the business
- Lead negotiator to contracts and sourcing arrangements up to £1M in total value
- Design, lead and implement category market leading sourcing arrangements for designated spend category. Technical market expertise across either Technology (Infrastructure, Software and Services), Customer (e.g. media, advertising, print), People (e.g. HR, travel), Professional Services (e.g. consultancy, legal services ) or FM (e.g. catering, cleaning, security)
- On-going pro-active review of existing category arrangements in collaboration with category business executives and owners to ensure full compliance and at least cost
- Drive upwards supplier and channel compliance to the use of preferred and strategic suppliers
- Ensure that the relevant key business stakeholders adhere to the Supply Management Framework
- Work in collaboration with the Supplier Management team with respect to the management of technology or business services' strategic and preferred supplier relationships, leading on all commercial aspects
- Ensure the fullest compliance to the Sourcing Policy for the relevant spend category, targeting a best in class 80% total spend influence by mid-2019
- Delivery of annual cost reduction value of up to £1M and more significant cost avoidance benefit.
- Drive annual on-going reductions to the number of approved and preferred Oracle suppliers. Target no less than a 10% annual on-going reduction for the relevant spend category
- Build and mature strong senior stakeholder relationships throughout Royal London and other business areas for relevant spend category. Become a trusted sourcing advisor through successful stakeholder engagement
- Pro-active business engagement to ensure Sourcing Policy compliant behaviour
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience across sourcing and supplier management, preferably within the financial sector
- Very strong knowledge of commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class sourcing deals
- Spend category management expertise across a broad range of indirect spend categories
- Proven ability to achieve substantial cost benefit
- Strong selling style and effective communicator, collaborator and influencer
- Good technical skills - systems, Microsoft Office suite etc.
- Proven negotiation skills and comprehensive knowledge of contract law
- Graduate calibre or relevant professional qualification desirable, e.g. CIPS
- Good analytical skills - a strong attention to detail and capability to see, assess and mitigate commercial risks
We're looking for candidates with strong behaviours, core values and ethics. Evidentially professional, with a passion for building long-term sustainable business, supplier and colleague relationships. You'll be highly self-aware and see the value that can be enjoyed through collaboration and team working. We always aim to selflessly deliver the best outcomes for our members and customers.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. To further queries please contact Joe Donnelly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job