Band 6/ Band 7
Full Time - 37.5 Hours per Week
A new opportunity has arisen for a Sonogrpaher to join a leading ultra sound team in Southampton. They offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including A&E, general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. They also provide diagnostic imaging and theatre imaging.
You will work closely with the department manager and other sonographer's as part of an integrated team to ensure the delivery of a safe and high quality service to patients. This will include:
- Undertaking all sonographer duties efficiently and to a high standard
- You will also be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant radiographic disciplines.
- Maintaining patients record for all examinations
- Passing on any specific equipment faults
- Reporting on imaging (if trained and experienced enough to do so)
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be conversant with all routine procedures in general x-ray, cross-sectional imaging i.e. MRI scan, mobile and theatre radiography
- Have evidence of recent completion of BLS resuscitation skills
- Have experience within the acute imaging sector
- Have recent post graduate general radiography experience
-DMU or PgDip in Medical Ultrasound (ideally from a CASE accredited institution) or equivalent.
-Sonographer's with only a PgC in (general) Ultrasound will be considered
-Evidence of Post Graduate education/CPD Scope of Role:
For more information and or to apply please call Jody Greaves on and or email