One of the world's leading chemical distributors requires a raw material specialist to support sales of new formulations and specialty chemicals into the food and beverage sectors.
- A product range of over 10,000
- Specialist in industrial and bulk chemicals
- The go to company for specialist chemicals knowledge
- A brands that is synonymous with quality
Business Development Manager:
- Dual role. Product management and Sales Accounts Management.
- Selling solvents into Cosmetics and personal care, Food and flavouring, Paints and coatings, Pharmaceuticals, Printing inks, Water treatments sectors.
- Biggest seller is ethanol/alcohol into food and bev or pharmaceutical.
- Relationship management with key suppliers of the company and negotiating prices for contracts. Around ten 'products' they'd manage meaning; there are way more SKUs, but they fall into ten categories.
- Maximising sales opportunities within around 20 accounts that they will inherit up selling and cross selling to grow account spend.
- Accredited dedicated solvents storage, blending and packaging facility.
- Travel to customers once a fortnight.
- Manage key accounts against set targets, including mandatory face to face sales call quotas.
- Develop existing accounts.
The Ideal Person:
- Commercially aware - able to operate in a sales environment.
- Product manager experience - dealt with suppliers or sales experience - proven track record in growing accounts.
- Expertise - chemicals sector - not specifically solvents
- Strategic relationship management
- Good listener and communicator (all levels both internal and external) and enthusiastic.
Consultant: Guy Marshall
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.