**Interim Solvency II Reporting Accountant - London - Contract**
The Solvency II reporting accountant role will be responsible to assist the senior manager for the production of the granular legal entity financial data for key production accounts, solvency II economic balance sheet, Quarterly QRT's, other regulatory returns and the standard formula SCR. This role will take active participation in the Brexit programme, and produce data to meet the future reporting state.
Key accountabilities and duties:
- Granular financial data and Economic Balance Sheet
- Produce granular legal entity financial data using different data sources and be responsible for reconciliations and integrity of the data reported
- Produce legal entity economic balance sheet using the SII methodology and basis of preparation and be responsible for reconciliations and integrity of the data reported
- Work closely with finance controlling team responsible for US GAAP and Statutory financial reporting
- Critically challenge the inputs and outputs to the process and to actively contribute to analysis of Solvency II results.
- Participate in the automation project of the existing process
- Work closely with the London based SII team to address all queries raised and resolve issues on a timely basis
- Participate in the Brexit readiness program and produce data to meet the reporting requirements
Skills and experience
- US GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II/UK GAAP/Solvency I - Strong accounting technical knowledge
- Experience in financial and regulatory reporting across multiple basis ideally gained in the insurance sector.
- Strong detailed analytical skills (predictive analytics)
- Advanced excel modelling skills.
- Strong understanding of Solvency II data governance and SOX
- Effective communicators, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter and able to manage time to meet deadlines and priorities.