Diligent is the leading provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives. Over 4,700 clients in more than 70 countries and on all seven continents rely on Diligent to provide secure, intuitive access to their most time-sensitive and confidential information, ultimately helping them make better decisions. The Diligent Boards (formerly Diligent Boardbooks) solution speeds and simplifies how board materials are produced, delivered and collaborated on via any device, removing the security concerns of doing this by courier, email and file sharing.
The Corporate Governance Solution Consultant (CGSC) is responsible for upselling Diligent’s core governance Modules to the existing Diligent customer base. These Modules include Director & Office Questionnaire’s, Evaluations, and Minutes & Actions. The CGSC will act as a partner to Customer Success in targeting, positioning and closing upsells, as well as the de facto subject matter expert (SME) for these Modules. The CGSC will partner with SDRs, Diligent’s Customer Success and Account Management personnel, and prospect directly within the Diligent customer base to uncover opportunities to upsell Modules. Deep product knowledge of these Modules, along with market knowledge of how they are applied in various segments is critical to success.
- Expert knowledge in corporate governance processes, and Diligent recommended best practices as it pertains to mandated forms, surveys, questionnaires, assessments, evaluations, and minutes taking
- Research the current Module customer base to understand the best target markets/customers for Module upsells
- Deep (and constantly improving) knowledge of use cases by market segment,
- Interview customers to understand current customer approaches to business processes solved with Diligent Modules
- Learn, enhance and apply the Diligent sales methodology when positioning Modules
- Work with Customer Success personnel in the defined market to build pipeline for Modules deals and assist Customer Success personnel in demoing, and closing Modules deals
- Develop an expert knowledge in the Company’s Module offerings
- Understand customer needs and help identify required features to continue growth of the Module feature set
- Assist customers with the implementation (potentially as a billable consultant) of the Modules, and mature into a trusted advisor that may act as an independent 3rd party to manage certain corporate governance processes for customers.
This role requires strong communication, presentation, and demonstration skills. Additionally, qualified candidates:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years in selling or supporting SaaS or technology related products or services with a track record of developing customer relationships and closing sales to existing customers
- Comfort with cold-calling, and email prospecting to existing customers
- Ability to partner with various internal roles (SDRs, Customer Success, etc) to uncover opportunity
- Skills to manage a sales cycle independently for key accounts and longer complex sales
- Understand a multifaceted, complex selling process.
- Have a strong academic record or relevant combination of University education and experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for problem solving
- Complete comfort working in a fast-paced environment, yet in a remote role.
Diligent offers a strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including pension, Group Life Insurance and Income protections, alongside Medical Insurance. We are a casual but professional team, with this role working from our London office.
- Account Management
- Corporate Governance