Circa £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join the IET family!
We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with cross cutting teams, both internal and external and doing some exciting work with emerging technologies such as graph databases, serverless architectures as well as traditional SQL. From a product build perspective, we are driving through a programme of change towards cloud native application thinking and 'infrastructure as code’ approaches.
You will provide technology enabled solutions to the IETs business and customer problems. Using business and systems analysis, requirements engineering and architecture skills and working closely with stakeholders of the organisation you will own the solutions to business problems from business concept to delivery.
What we hope you can bring to the role
You will demonstrate a strong technical and Agile project management background and will have a forward looking proactive view of the strategic application of technology and the ways of enabling change and solving problems.
Take a look at the day to day responsibilities and key skills below. If you feel you have experience in a number of these areas, please send us your CV as soon as possible for consideration. We are also open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way. We are current receiving a high volume of applications and If we find a suitable candidate to progress with, we will draw the advert to a close.
If you are keen to join the IET Family, we look forward to hearing from you soon
A little more about the role
- To drive and coordinate the end-to-end delivery of technical solutions to business proposals/problems, or to manage the technical stream of the solution, as appropriate
- To provide exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills to refine a proposals/problems and come up with viable solution options that fit with the enterprise systems architecture and standards of the IET
- To work with business colleagues to identify opportunities for the application of technology and to frame problems and opportunities
- To drive improvement in underlying architectures, technical processes and capabilities
- To define product scope, requirements and to draft impact assessments
- To build in depth understanding of relevant areas of IET systems architecture and capabilities
- To manage internal and external stakeholders
- To drive improvement in underlying architectures and capabilities of the IET
- With internal teams, define tasks, resources and estimated effort for Projects, Features, Sprints
A little more about what we’re looking for
- Excellent problem solving with good analysis skills, design and testing knowledge
- Effective stakeholder management skills and the ability to build working relationships at all levels, across professional and organisational boundaries and encourage participation and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders. You will be guiding the business in the appropriate direction.
- Excellent self-motivation
- Has a pragmatic 'get on and get the job done’ attitude
- Ability to judge the "appropriate" solution, balancing cost, time, effort and fit with existing architectures and support capabilities
- Experienced in Agile principles, delivery and working practices (Scrum)
- Experience in managing development projects
- Ability to ensure good quality testable requirements
- Demonstrable track record of end to end problem analysis and solution development
- Broad knowledge of technical building blocks and cloud (we are a hybrid Microsoft Azure/AWS house)
- Ability to quickly assimilate new skills/knowledge
- Practical experience of working with cloud services (AWS &/or Azure for preference)
- Experience of transitioning to a DevOps approach to delivery
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of managing contractors and third-party providers.
- Experience of managing project budgets
- Experience of working in or with UX teams
- Experience of publishing information and content products
- Degree or equivalent experience
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Project Management
- Windows Azure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'