Solutions Architect - Glasgow - up to £450pd - ASAP - 6 month contract
Your new company
Hays client, a recognised public sector body, is looking to add a Technical/Solutions Architect to their Glasgow Project office to spearhead the successful delivery of the digital technology solutions and services that are currently being shaped for the business.
Your new role
Reporting into the Senior Technical Architect, the successful applicants will use their proven technical knowledge and demonstrable track-record in designing and implementing a modern digital/technology architecture. They will work closely with the development leads, and provide input to, and coordinate technology architecture across, application development projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven levels of technical knowledge for designing, implementing and supporting technology architecture including software engineering fundamental principles and best practices.
- Strong previous expertise of designing and specifying medium and large software systems, specifically SOA / REST based and Web applications.
- Experience of working with Business Analysts realising business requirements and User Stories.
- Strong experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including the management of architecture and development phases.
- Good working knowledge of software development methodologies including Agile, SCRUM, and Waterfall.
- Experience of working to tight budgets and timescales ensuring the designs are appropriate for the project budget
- Knowledge and experience in database technologies specifically MS SQL Server.
- Good working knowledge and experience of modelling with UML and CASE tools in general.
- Strong previous experience of applying IT security to technology architecture and software lifecycles
- Knowledge of cloud technology architectures.
- Experience integrating security technologies and standards into architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recent experience with cloud technology architectures (preferably Azure)
- Experience in design and development of CRM systems (preferably Dynamics)
- Experience in design and development in other enterprise platforms (e.g. SharePoint, CMS, Messaging)
What you'll get in return
This is an initial 6 months contract with an excellent daily rate which will afford you the chance to play integral part in shaping the technology landscape of the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Solutions Architect