Our client is looking to bring on board a Solutions Architect who will undertake hands-on technical leadership role across multiple teams and work closely with Product Managers and technical teams to understand the needs of tens of millions of users. You will define outstanding integrated digital solutions for new and existing systems, design RESTful APIs, test platforms and ensure systems are robust. You will provide mentorship for all the technical teams within the digital centre and be an active Solutions Architect with software development used to high-volume services. You will work in a fast paced agile environment (TDD, Scrum, Kanban etc.), doing evolutionary architecture and prototyping, various databases and configuration, deployment and testing solutions.
• Demonstrable experience with agile methodologies (e.g. TDD, Scrum, Kanban, etc).
• Solid background in JAVA, RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Proven record of building and scaling high-traffic websites and/or high volume transaction processing and analysis platforms.
• Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary architecture approach to software systems.
• Excellent understanding of web technologies & protocols.
• Experience with open source solutions.
• Experience using and deploying on cloud based platforms.
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB).
• Experience using Scala, PLAY, Ruby, Selenium, Jira, Confluence, Linux, Django, Spring and Python technologies is highly beneficial.
• Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques, such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON.
• Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions such as Jenkins, Puppet / Chef.
• Experience with cloud based container deployments eg docker/LXC.
• Integration with "Enterprise" technology stacks, eg Oracle databases, ESB, SOAP-based web services.
This is a 6 month contract