INSPIRATION FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY WORLD
Kantar has a vacancy for a Solutions Architect. This person will be tasked with driving innovation within the business. They will be expected to deliver on business needs, connecting business requirements with a great understanding of technology. In order to be successful, this person will require excellent soft skills, and the ability to work effectively with offshore resource effectively.
In exchange, we offer the chance to work at the cutting edge of the market research business, operating in a complex, interesting and challenging environment. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate extensively with the likes of Microsoft and Amazon.
Nobody knows consumers better than Kantar. Providing insight and inspiration to help clients flourish in an extraordinary world, we bring together 12 of the world’s leading research, data and insight brands. At the heart of WPP, our global team of 30,000 people in more than 100 countries delivers specialist insight, business strategies and consultancy support.
- Architect and deliver innovative solutions for business stakeholders across the entire business, delivering proof of concepts and innovation prototypes.
- Drive our offshore partners to deliver, managing resource effectively in a matrix environment and reporting into our architecture team.
- Work effectively with the Kantar architecture teams, collaborating and inputting into group wide projects.
- Provide technical input across the project lifecycle from inception to completion of a development.
- Keep yourself up to date with trends and developments in technology, acting as a subject matter expert.
- A broad technical knowledge, with expertise in SOA and knowledge of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS, as well as deploying PaaS, and IaaS solutions using ARM or Cloudformation scripts. Experience with .Net or a similar technology is essential.
- A background in software development is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of the relative strengths and weakness of web, data and cloud technologies, whilst dealing with structured and non-structured data.
- Confident communication and soft skills, including the ability to influence business stakeholders and decision making.
- The ability to break down large, complex problems into smaller more manageable phases or stages in order to deliver tangible outputs.
- The ability to explain complex technical subject matter to business colleagues in a straightforward and effective way.
- The ability to work effectively on a project basis, prioritising multiple requirements effectively.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver
- Cloud Computing
- Windows Azure