Job reference number 46563
Royal Mail Broadgate
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. We’re a FTSE 100 company, generating revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Solutions Architects at Royal Mail Group (RMG) are instrumental in the delivery of IS/IT capabilities to the RMG business and their customers. A Solution Architect will work on many varied programmes using a variety of technologies with a multitude of other disciplines. A solution architect must be able to take complex business problems and be able to translate them into IS/IT deliverables that can be understood by technical and non-technical staff suppliers and customers. The solution architect must find a way to delivery IS/IT capabilities to RMG matching their business requirements and adhering to the broader strategic requirements of the RMG Enterprise Architecture. The solution architect will be instrumental in ensuring that IS/IT investment is implemented in a form that can be easily maintained, operated and managed over a period of years.
- The Solutions Architect is responsible for engaging with the business representatives and assisting in the translation of business requirements into a solution vision, and identifying a solution architecture to deliver it.
- Ensuring the proposed solution architecture (application, data and technology) adheres to the RMG Enterprise Architecture and IS/IT Strategy
- Applying architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Able to construct conceptual and logical architectures from business requirements using standard tools and techniques for modelling
- Identify the technologies to employ and take responsibility for the assurance of supplier solutions
- Responsible for defining complex technical requirements for inclusion in procurements
- Work with standard architecture lifecycles and frameworks and the RMG programme lifecycle framework
- Assurance of supplier documentation to ensure compliance with requirements and procurements
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ mentality that is capable of working in a complex environment
- Ability to see the strategic view whilst at the same time adopting pragmatic approaches to delivery
- Identification and design of architectural improvement opportunities
- Determine the RMG architectural roadmap and integration with existing systems within cost/time/quality parameters.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Information Technologies, with experience of their integration and configuration: e.g. Web Technologies, EAI, RDBMS, XML, Oracle SOA, IBM Websphere, Java and .Net Platforms
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of technical architecture roles across all phases of the development lifecycle
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with systems integration methods and technologies.
- Track record of design and delivery of integrated IT solutions.
- Ability to give advice and guidance on approach to design of systems architectures
- Practical experience of service, application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Experience in systems delivery including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- TOGAF or equivalent experience
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 31/05/2018
Solution Architect, Architecture, Database, Developer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job