Solutions Architect - Infrastructure & Security | £35,000 - £42,000 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation in Glasgow is looking to add a InfraSec Solutions Architect to their team.
Your new role
As the InfraSec solutions architect you will be responsible for architectural design and documentation within identified areas of a multi-tiered architectural platform. You will also be tasked with assisting with creating and refining Architectures and designs for infrastructure & security services that addresses solution needs, which are consistent with the Company's vision and values.
What you'll need to succeed
General Infrastructure & Security Architecture
- Infrastructure design (across storage, compute, networking, virtualisation, orchestration and deployment)
- Cloud technologies (across IaaS/PaaS/SaaS and the variants of these technologies)
- System and network security, with a particular focus on the intersection of security, development, deployment and infrastructure Infrastructure and security Architecture supporting development teams
- Software development (or significant exposure to development practices from a DevOps perspective)
- Modern CI/CD approaches and toolsets - Infrastructure as code and associated mechanisms/tools to facilitate consistent infrastructure deployment (chef/puppet/Ansible etc.) On-premises/hybrid Infrastructure and Security Architecture
- Unix/Linux deployment, management and administration
- On-premises and hybrid virtualisation approaches
- Compute hardware platforms (Cisco UCS, HP c-Class/Synergy, IBM Power Series, Oracle SPARC systems)
- Microsoft data centre tech (Active Directory, Windows Server etc.)
- Modern industry standard networking (Cisco based Campus LAN & datacenter deployments; PaloAlto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA Firewalling; Load balancing/ADC appliances, F5, Baracuda)
- Storage and backup toolsets and techniques (block SAN storage, file & object stores, archival and backup mechanisms)
- Security toolsets and security control enforcement techniques and tools (IDS/IPS; SIEM; PAM; IAM; NAC; AV; DLP etc.)
Broader architectural experience
- Awareness of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Contributing to business cases to support future projects
- Working with delivery partners in a multi-vendor environment, including pre-Contract engagement, preparation of invitations to tender and tender evaluation
- Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design
- Lean methods
Other skills / qualities / experience
- Experience in providing estimates/sizing
- Excellent written communication skills including technical writing
- Excellent verbal communication skills including presenting to small and large groups
- Ability to self-start and to work autonomously as well as in a team
What you'll get in return
You will have access to a full range of benefits to support you both inside and outside of work. As well as a competitive salary they offer a great range of benefit with a city centre location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.