Solutions Architect- Application Development
Our Client, a Global Leader in consulting services are looking for an experienced and passionate Solutions Architect, focused on Application Assurance Architecture, for a newly created permanent role based in Aldershot, UK. The package on offer is between £60,000-£65,000 + £7'500 car allowance + 10% bonus + benefits.
The purpose of this role is for the Consulting Architect to act as a Solution Architect for our clients Application Assurance portfolio providing technology design, planning and strategy advice for internal and external customers, helping them deliver exceptional application performance to their customers and users.
Application Assurance is a new product initiative that will be central to our clients ongoing drive to transform the way they and manage network and cloud services and deliver differentiated application services to their customers. Ultimately, they will embed performance intelligence in application, network, cloud and CDN services so that:
- Dev & test teams can improve application quality, improving customer experience and retention
- Operations teams can optimize processes and focus on improving the customer experience
- Infrastructure and network services can proactively right-size applications to scale effectively with business demand
- Application owners can gain real-world information to improve customer engagement & enter new markets
- Service owners can streamline end-to-end processes and manage complexities of multi-partner sourcing whilst utilizing analytics techniques to automate routine tasks
- Service providers and Customer IT will have common KPIs and service objectives based on business outcomes, by utilizing end-to-end correlation of underlying network, infrastructure and application health metrics with business KP
Experience we are looking for:
- Coming from an application and infrastructure background with networking experience
- 5 + years' experience in application development including Multi-tiers coding experiences (Front End, Back End, DBA )
- Dynatrace DC RUM, synthetic and AppMon experience in pre and/or post sales roles is desirable
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of application coding technology landscape
- Strong knowledge in one or more of these key technologies:
- ASP.NET, Web development, J2EE
- Citrix, VMWare
- JAVA, .NET, PHP
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.)
- Web Servers (Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
- Clear understanding of highly distributed applications and how they interact and communicate, from the browser or mobile app, through the cloud, CDNs, and third-parties, into the data center, and through to the Back End (and back)
- Demonstrated understanding of code- and container-level performance tuning, troubleshooting, and architecture best practices in large multi-tier and SOA-based applications
- Ability to have meaningful discussions around technical concepts such as object-oriented fundamentals, web application infrastructure, memory management and GC, threading, frameworks, design patterns, exception handling, messaging, reflection, aspect-oriented programming, dependency injection, etc.
- Good writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Ability to translate business to technical requirements
Education & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or Computer Technologies.
- MBA is a plus.
- Dynatrace and/or Riverbed APM/NPMD Certifications/experience are desirable
- Splunk and/or ELK certifications/experience are desirable
- ITIL/Project Management qualifications desirable
- Application Architecture
- Application Development
- Network Infrastructure
- Client Facing Skills
- Solution Architecture