A client is currently looking for a Solution Architect, to work remotely in the UK.
This role is primarily required to perform IT design activities, across any function, channel, product, technology or suppliers as required by projects and programmes, and to support the Senior Solution Architect in providing design leadership, design governance, and management of key design knowledge and artefacts (including operating models, application and infrastructure architecture, IT standards and patterns).
What is expected from you
- Experience as a Technology Architect on major change or transformational programmes with a broad range of analytical, design and IT skills
- Experience of working in a complex sourcing environment with multiple, diverse partnerships
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Broad experience of all architecture domains (including business, data, applications, integration, infrastructure and security) and reference models, standards and patterns
- Business and IT architecture design at the conceptual (high-level), logical and physical (detailed) levels
- Ability to take a strategic view and see the 'big-picture', aligned to the ability to adopt an analytical approach to complex problem solving and consideration of operational implications
- Good level of project management and delivery skills (e.g. facilitation, planning, authoring of design documentation)
- A broad understanding of the operating environment
- Proven ability to design and deliver flexible, reliable, operable, cost effective solutions
- Demonstrable experience in architecture standards, services, solution design and implementation, architecture principles and architecture views
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Degree qualified, and typically with recognised Architecture / IT qualifications (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL)
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication - business and project reports
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
- Hands on or demonstrable experience of working with Cloud solutions. Ideally AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding the domain/area you own with a view of the lifecycle of the systems in that domain.
- Create and maintain documentation from the high level, at least down to understanding the integration points and data exchanges of the key systems (Solution Records and blueprints)
- Create / own a technical road map based on the above and horizon scanning both in the product area and technology areas
- Defining which solutions are beneficial and which are inefficient for a particular business need.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, both internal (to influence the technical road map and direction) and external (to align with current and future suppliers).
- Evaluate third party suppliers software to determine if it is a good fit architecturally
- Engage horizontally with other architects to ensure principles etc are reflected cross tower, and to enable best practice to be followed
- Provide consultation to engineering managers / teams where decision points become more architectural (i.e. A change in tech direction)
- Understanding how different parts of the business operation are connected with each other and how business processes achieve their goals.
- Working with Product Managers to shape the direction of product roadmaps
- Supporting engineering teams in making decisions that ensure our applications are scalable and resilient.
- Creating long term plans in area of responsibility to ensure alignment of products and duplication is addressed.
- Have experience working with cloud platforms and to be able to share that knowledge with the teams
What can be offered?
- Flexible working
- Remote Working
- Generous annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus schemes for innovation, new business, and employee referrals
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply and one of our certified consultants will give you a call.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'