New opportunity not to be missed!Ordnance Survey has a unique opportunity available for a Solution Architect to join the team in Southampton. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of circa£60,000 per annum plus excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life.
OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services. And most famously we ensure outdoor leisure is enjoyable, accessible and safe. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation for being the world’s most trusted and inspiring geospatial partner.
OS is progressing a number of exciting projects so customers can access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of latest technologies OS has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of OS as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect to provide architectural leadership for our Geospatial Production services. Working as part of our Engagement Services team, you will be responsible for defining and realising cloud-based architectural solutions that enable OS customers to access and use our data in new and innovative ways.
As our Solution Architect you will be responsible for the definition of architectural options and solutions to meet business objectives, and accountable for ensuring that the design and development of those solutions are sustainable and fit-for-purpose for OS business need. Working with stakeholders from across the organisation, you will collaborate closely with a number of delivery teams in both the definition and realisation of architectural solutions.
This role puts you right at the heart of what OS is about – a world-leading mapping agency and digital business with unparalleled expertise in the creation, management and exploitation of geospatial data, providing our customers with the information and insight they need.
To excel in this Solution Architect role, you will be a natural problem solver and a collaborator who relishes the opportunity to apply technology to the delivery of business-focussed solutions. You will have a strong background in the application of Geospatial technologies at an enterprise level, and in the delivery of customer-facing public cloud-based solutions and architectures.
Our Solution Architect will also be somebody who is unafraid to learn and apply new technologies to business situations, but also somebody who is able to take a long-term view, see the bigger picture, and able to balance risk and opportunity.
You will need to demonstrate your track-record against the following essential criteria and competencies:
- Experience in the definition and implementation of Solution Architectures
- In-depth knowledge and experience of delivering digital services using public cloud platforms
- Proven track record of providing technical leadership to, and collaborating with development teams in an agile environment
- Collaborating with and influencing key business and technical stakeholders
- Very good knowledge of industry best practices for architecture, software development processes and lifecycles
- Experience of defining and delivering enterprise-level Geospatial and Data Management solutions would also be advantageous
We offer fantastic benefits:
- Salary – Circa £60,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our Solution Architect.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job