Solution Architect - Up to £70,000 per annum
An innovative and rapidly expanding business, who provide a highly specialised and niche SaaS platform, are seeking a Solution Architect to provide a key link between their clients and development teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES - SOLUTION ARCHITECT
- Interact with client's various constituencies to interpret and evaluate business requirements, and propose technology solutions.
- Write solution/technical specification for engineering.
- Identify the need/opportunity for platform extension with new features and functionality and bring it to the attention of product management.
- Work in cross-functional internal teams (engineering, quality assurance, ops, product management, project management, business) to develop new solutions.
- Evaluate and prototype APIs for third party integration.
- Understand content and coordinate content conversions.
- Understand business models and translate them into either platform configuration or specification for new implementation.
- Understand and perform data migrations.
- Support the sales team with technical knowledge as required, including giving demonstrations and assisting on RFP responses.
- Potentially present product capabilities and solutions to internal teams and prospects.
REQUIREMENTS - SOLUTION ARCHITECT
- Must have experience in a directly related role (e.g., business analyst or solution architect)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior hands-on software development experience (preferably, web and backend development using Java and related technologies).
- First rate analytical skills, evidence of translating vague requirements into actionable development items.
- Experience in project management techniques or otherwise demonstrable experiences with managing new development to completion.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in multiple time zones.
- Worked on product oriented projects and release management processes.
- Experience in software development processes, and source control and issue tracking systems.
What's On Offer
For the successful Solution Architect, an annual salary of £55,000-£70,000 is on offer, dependent on experience. This is a full time, permanent position. The role can be remotely based and working from home, with a minimum one day a week spent working in the office, located just outside of Oxford.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted and that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.