Solution Architect | Leeds | £75,000 - £85,000
Your new company
You'll be joining a global leader and pioneer of real time content aware analysis, protecting a worldwide user base in the millions of children and vulnerable people from malware, spam and explicit content.
Your new role
Working in the Leeds tech hub, you'll be surrounded by passionate, innovate and supportive team players.
Smoothwall's products interface with a huge range of systems, applications and databases, providing an engaging and challenging technical environment, including an extensive hybrid of on-premises Linux with additional, significant, cloud components.
You shall primarily be responsible for:
- Strong technical leadership, providing guidance and technical direction to the Software Engineering team
- Designing and embedding architecture and design governance structures/processes with escalation to CTO as necessary
- Ownership of specification, design and implementation of system non-functional requirements
- Architect scalable and resilient systems with no single point of failure
- Create and embed technical standards, including coding standards, tools, databases and platforms
- Identify common patterns and new approaches to be reused in future projects
- Define and evolve company-wide architectural and technical standards
- Lead Senior Developers on the definition of project architecture, and mentor accordingly
- Train, Develop, Coach and Mentor Subject Matter Experts to cover all Smoothwall solutions
- Provide waterfall based estimates for roadmaps, and Agile estimates during projects and sprints
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience architecting complex solutions, ideally on a Linux platform
- In depth technical knowledge of cloud solutions architecture (Azure, AWS or Google)
- Understanding of DevOps, Automated Build & Test and Continuous Integration
- Strong Agile mindset
- Knowledge of, and experience in, formal architect frameworks and methodology, such as TOGAF
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits, private healthcare, flexible working, free fruit and workplace massages.
You'll also get the chance to genuinely shape and influence a brand new team of high performing developers.
The staff at Smoothwall take pride in having an inclusive and friendly team atmosphere, where everyone feels empowered to drive change and grow their career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or give us a call.
For further information please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite jobs/smoothwall
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job